Loxo@Lilly aims to create medicines that make life better for all those affected by cancer around the world. Bringing together the focus and spirit of a biotech with the scale, resources, and heritage of Lilly, our team is focused on rapidly delivering impactful new medicines for people with cancer. Our approach centers on creating oncology medicines that unequivocally show early signs of clinical activity and will matter to patients.
Next-Generation RET Inhibitor
- Type of Alteration(s)Point MutationsAlterations of InterestRET M918T
Key ConsiderationsNGS (Tissue)
- Suitable for broad-based genomic profiling that includes targets in addition to RET
- Selected assay should have full coverage of exons 8, 10, 11 and 13-16
- Lower sensitivity than NGS for somatic alterations, thus more suitable for germline testing in MTC
- Detection may require higher tumor content than PCR-based assays
*Point mutations occur in MTC, and gene fusions occur in PTC and NSCLC†List is not exhaustive of all activating alterations
- Useful when tissue biopsy sample is limited/unavailable
- Higher false negative rate than tissue-based NGS testing
References1. Mulligan LM. Nat Rev Cancer. 2014;14(3):173-186. 2. Drilon A et al. Nat Rev Clin Oncol 15:151-167, 2018
Check Clinical Trials information to see if patient qualifies
Need additional information or have a question:
The safety and efficacy of the agents under investigation have not been established. There is no guarantee that the agents will receive regulatory approval and become commercially available for the uses being investigated.